Making More Health, a global initiative established by Ashoka and Boehringer Ingelheim brings together the best experience in social innovation and global healthcare to improve health-care access for people and animals in underserved communities around the world.
The MMH Co-creation Accelerator, currently in its third year, is a structured social enterprise support program consisting of 12 months of design and implementation to test/pilot a new strategy or element of a business model, culminating in a pitch for further scale-up. The winners of this pitch will continue into a second 12-month phase of scale-up support of the test/pilot. In both phases of the program, participants have access to financial and technical support from Ashoka, Boehringer Ingelheim and social investment experts.
The program targets social entrepreneurs that meet the below selection criteria and whose organizations contribute either directly or indirectly to human & animal health access in Africa. While healthcare access lies at the core of the Making More Health program, there is also an interest in how health intersects with environmental sustainability including protection of clean water, reducing carbon emissions and smarter usage of natural resources in packaging and design.
- Legal Entity: Business or Social Enterprise
- Age: At least three years of operation
- Sector: Any sector that contributes directly or indirectly to human or animal health.
- Country of operation: Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya, Uganda and Rwanda.
- Revenue: At least USD 100K in annual sales revenue.
- Impact: Clear metrics and evidence of impact
- Team: Strong team with the right size and level of competency
Benefits include opportunities for professional growth, improved technical expertise, strategic networking, business collaboration and investment access support with a grant of Euros 50k , 5. Business Collaboration
The application deadline is 7th February 2021